Understanding Andropause and Discovering Your Treatment Options
Men lose hormones as they age, causing all sorts of issues collectively known as “Andropause.” Read this informative article about how men suffering from age-related hormone decline in Sugar Land, Texas, are benefitting from andropause treatment.
Andropause, often referred to as “male menopause,” is a natural stage of aging that affects men as they grow older. Like menopause in women, it is caused by age-related hormone decline.
While andropause doesn’t mimic the abrupt hormonal shifts seen in menopause in women, it does bring about a series of physical and psychological changes that can significantly impact a man’s quality of life.
Andropause treatment is designed to make up for the symptoms of age-related hormone loss in Sugar Land men, particularly those with low testosterone or age-related HGH loss.
Two of the most essential hormones to men are testosterone and human growth hormone, or HGH. As important as these hormones are, they both decline as a man ages, which leads to the many symptoms of andropause. As in menopause in women, andropause for men involves hormone replacement therapy.
Let’s take a closer look at what men in Sugar Land can expect from andropause therapy.
What is Andropause?
Andropause is the result of age-related hormone decline in men. It is primarily caused by age-related testosterone loss, but declining levels of HGH as men age also can contribute. It is why hormone therapy for men, as prescribed at our Sugar Land clinic, is not restricted to only testosterone therapy but usually includes HGH therapy as well.
Andropause typically occurs between the ages of 40 and 60, although it can start earlier or later for some individuals. Both testosterone and human growth hormone are essential hormones that play a crucial role in maintaining various bodily functions, including muscle mass, bone density, libido, and mood regulation.
Symptoms of Andropause
- Fatigue and Reduced Energy: Men experiencing andropause often report feeling constantly tired and lacking the energy they once had.
- Decreased Libido: A decline in sexual desire and performance is a common symptom, affecting both the physical and emotional aspects of intimacy.
- Mood Swings: Andropause can lead to mood swings, irritability, and increased vulnerability to stress and anxiety.
- Loss of Muscle Mass: As testosterone levels decline, it becomes harder to maintain muscle mass and strength.
- Weight Gain: Many men notice an increase in body fat and difficulty shedding excess weight.
- Sleep Disturbances: Sleep problems such as insomnia or disrupted sleep patterns can become more prevalent during andropause.
- Cognitive Changes: Some men may experience difficulties with concentration and memory.
- Reduced Bone Density: Lower testosterone levels can contribute to a decrease in bone density, potentially leading to osteoporosis.
Causes of Andropause
The primary cause of andropause is the natural aging process. As men age, their testes produce less testosterone, and the pituitary gland releases less HGH. While aging is the main factor, other factors can exacerbate the symptoms or lead to an earlier onset, including:
- Chronic Illness: Conditions such as diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular disease can accelerate testosterone decline.
- Stress: Chronic stress can disrupt hormone balance and exacerbate andropause symptoms.
- Lifestyle Choices: Smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, and a sedentary lifestyle can all contribute to hormonal imbalances.
Most Effective Andropause Treatment Options
The good news is that andropause is manageable, and several treatment options can help alleviate its symptoms. The primary male menopause treatment involves hormone replacement, specifically testosterone therapy and growth hormone therapy.
Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)
TRT is the most common and effective treatment for andropause. It involves the administration of synthetic testosterone to restore hormonal balance. However, it’s essential to consult a healthcare professional before starting TRT to determine if it’s a suitable option and to monitor hormone levels throughout treatment.
Growth Hormone Therapy
Next to testosterone, the second most important hormone to a man’s health, is human growth hormone or HGH. Like testosterone, HGH levels decline as men age. In addition to low testosterone, age-related growth hormone deficiency contributes to most, if not all, of the symptoms of andropause. Therefore, your treatment will likely include HGH therapy in addition to TRT.
Ancillary andropause treatments that could help optimize your hormone therapies could include:
- Lifestyle Changes: Adopting a healthy lifestyle can significantly impact andropause symptoms. Regular exercise, a balanced diet, stress management, and quality sleep can help maintain hormonal balance and improve overall well-being.
- Nutritional Supplements: Some supplements, like vitamin D and zinc, can support healthy testosterone levels when taken as part of a balanced diet.
- Psychological Support: Counseling or therapy can help men address emotional challenges associated with andropause, such as mood swings and anxiety.
What Every Man Should Know About Andropause Treatment in Sugar Land
Men in Sugar Land and the surrounding areas are achieving remarkable relief from age-related hormone decline with andropause treatment! With our property approach to male menopause treatment, you can expect a team of experienced medical professionals dedicated exclusively to men’s health and the issues of andropause.
We understand the unique challenges you face from your individual andropause symptoms, and we have the knowledge and skills to help you reduce or eliminate the most debilitating symptoms of andropause.
Learn more here: Testosterone Therapy for Men: Does it Reverse Aging?
The Benefits of Andropause Treatment in Sugar Land
Here at the Dr. Shel Wellness & Aesthetic Center in Sugar Land, TX, located near Kindred Hospital Sugar Land and just across Brooks Lake from the Hyatt Place Sugar Land, we don’t settle for mediocrity or second best.
We offer state-of-the-art treatments for andropause, such as testosterone replacement therapy and growth hormone therapy, which have been proven to increase energy, improve your ability to lose weight and build muscle, and enhance sexual performance.
Our innovative and holistic approach to these therapies is what sets us apart from every other clinic offering male menopause treatment in Sugar Land. But don’t just take our word for it; click here to read reviews from our actual patients!
Finding the Best Andropause Treatment in Sugar Land, Tx
Dr. Shel Wellness & Aesthetic Center has the most skilled and experienced prescribers of andropause treatment in Sugar Land and the surrounding areas.
Our team takes a different approach to male menopause treatment, which is both patient-centric and individualized.
To Dr. Shel, you are never just a number; you are a unique individual who requires andropause treatments or any of our services tailored to your distinctive needs and lifestyle.
In addition, we are also proud to offer our Sugar Land area patients Menopause Treatment, Adrenal Fatigue Treatment, Thyroid Hormone Therapy, Human Growth Hormone Therapy (HGH), Peptides Therapy, and a full line of hormone therapy for men, including testosterone replcement therapy and bioidentical hormone therapy.
Join the hundreds of men just like you from Sugar Land and the surrounding areas who have improved their lives with andropause treatment from Dr. Shel Wellness & Aesthetic Center in Sugar Land. Contact us today at (281) 609-4439 or click here to book a free consultation!