In my last blog post, I discussed the 5 warning signs of toxicity. Do you notice yourself experiencing any of these signs or symptoms? If so, it’s time to take the next steps in eliminating these toxins from your environment, your body and most of all, your life. By eliminating harmful toxins, you can help your body to correct problems caused by toxicity, as well as improve your body’s innate ability to detoxify itself.
Because I feel so passionately that detoxing your body can and will improve your total health, I have put together important steps you can take to successfully begin the detoxification process.
5 Steps for Optimal Detoxification:
- Identify and eliminate of toxins. Heavy metals, lead, mercury, petrochemicals, residues, pesticides, plastics and fertilizers all contribute to the toxic load our body faces every single day. Chemicals found in lotions, soaps, toothpaste and haircare products all contribute as well. In addition to these, environmental allergens, molds, the standard American diet, medications, and internal toxins, like yeast and bacteria weigh on your body’s normal detoxification processes. It is crucial that you eliminate as many of these as possible from your diet and lifestyle so you can free up your body from this overload of toxins.
- Fix your gut. Many toxins live in the gut so once you get your gut balanced, you will be removing toxins at the same time. Follow a diet that is rich in fiber and whole foods. It should consist of beans, nuts, fruits, vegetables, seeds and healthy fats, all which help contribute to a balanced digestive system. Limit sugar and processed foods, while also avoiding antibiotics, steroids and birth control pills. All of these contribute to an overgrowth of yeast, or candida, in the colon, causing an imbalance in the gut. You’ll also want to make sure that you are always on a high-quality medical-grade probiotic. I cannot stress this enough! The beneficial bacteria found in probiotics help to balance out your total gut flora, alleviating any type of gut imbalances. If you’re looking for a simple way to support optimal gut health, taking a daily probiotic is your solution.
- Get your lymphatic system moving. While exercising offers an array of cardiovascular and muscular benefits, it also helps your blood circulate and gets your lymphatic system moving. Your lymphatic system, which is made up of your lymph nodes, spleen, thymus and vessels, carries fluids throughout and protects your body from illness and disease. It also helps move out toxins. Easy ways to accomplish this are to book a lymphatic massage, spend time in a sauna, such as a far infrared sauna, use detoxifying herbs, such as dandelion root, burdock root, and nettle, as well as consuming naturally cleansing foods, like dark green vegetables, ginger, lemons, flax seeds and garlic.
- Detox your mind, body & soul. Believe it or not, stress, whether it be mental, physical or emotional, contributes to the toxic load. Reduce stress naturally by practicing yoga, meditating, or taking calming supplements such as Kavinace. Not only will you feel more balanced externally, but your body will be more balanced internally, too.
- Get your liver and detox system working for you. If your body’s natural detoxification processes and systems are not working properly, you need to take the next steps in supporting it. You can do this successfully by following a safe and effective nutritional detox program, such as my 14-Day Cleanse & Detox Program. The 14-Day Cleanse & Detox Program is an all-inclusive and easy-to-follow plan that combines smoothies, meals and supplements into a simple daily routine, allowing you to be successful on your detox journey.
I am confident that these five steps to detoxification will help eliminate toxins from your body, correct problems that may be caused by toxicity, as well as improve your body’s natural ability to detoxify itself. Remember: getting rid of toxins and learning how to get your detoxification system working properly is essential for optimal health, wellness and balance.